oneworld events was “born” at IMEX Frankfurt in May 2013 – and since then, like any bonny new arrival, it has won many admirers as it has grown.
In its first two years, oneworld events has signed contracts with almost 200 organisers of events, conventions and shows, taking place in more than 80 different locations worldwide, with combined attendees totalling almost half a million.
oneworld events is aimed at conferences, conventions, exhibitions and special events targeting a minimum of 100 international attendees. Requests are accepted as early as five years in advance and up to three months prior to the event date.
For event and convention organisers, oneworld events provides:
- An efficient and user-friendly centralised process, with one set of terms and conditions covering travel on all oneworld member airlines that can be ready for acceptance just days after submitting the online request form.
- Attractive discounts for attendees on flights on oneworld member airlines, which together now serve more than 1,000 destinations in 155 countries around the globe. Those discounts can now be obtained not just by booking direct via oneworld events’ easy-to-use website but also by designated travel agencies.
The chance for organisers to earn and redeem travel credits for flights on participating oneworld member airlines.
Simple online access to real-time management reports 24/7, when using oneworld’s own online booking tool, to help meet attendees’ travel needs.
- A ready-to-use oneworld promotional toolkit to build attendee awareness.
For attendees, oneworld events offers:
- Attractive discounts on flights for attendees and one travel companion each, on oneworld member airlines, which together now serve more than 1,000 destinations in 155 countries around the globe. Those discounts can now be obtained not just by booking direct via oneworld events’ easy-to-use website but also by designated travel agencies.
- A user-friendly booking tool that displays the most convenient flights and multiple fare options from hundreds of departure points all over the world to the event or convention location.
- Travel on a collection of some of the world’s leading airlines.
- Round-the-clock support, when booking via oneworld’s own online booking tool, with the oneworld events helpdesk ready to help via email or phone.
- All the usual privileges and benefits afforded to members of any oneworld member airline frequent flyer programme – including the ability to earn miles/points and, for top tier cardholders and one companion each, to use any of the 600 plus airport lounges provided by the alliance’s airlines the world over. Attendees who are not yet members can sign-up before they depart and then receive their benefits and privileges on their way to or from their convention of event.
oneworld is an alliance of 15 of the world’s leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. Member airlines include airberlin, American Airlines (including US Airways), British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN Airlines, TAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 affiliates.